Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 15- I'm halfway there, YA'LL!

Well, I'm halfway through my Whole30 challenge, starting day 15 today.  It's been a lot easier than I expected (from day three on, that is).  On day two and three, I had major headaches and almost flu-like symptoms... that was the sugar withdrawal. Whew!  After going through that, I {almost} don't want to add sugar back in now!  I am actually debating continuing this on through after New Year's Eve.  I've done so much GOOD for my body so far, I would be very disappointed if I gave in to the Christmas cookie call. 


I find it funny that (including last night, now) I've had THREE dreams where I cheated!  That shows how much I think about how I eat during the day!  But in all three dreams, I was SO disappointed and MAD at myself for cheating! ...hoping that helps me stay on track during the day too. So far so good.


Now for the info everyone is most interested in... I'm down 4 pounds and my clothes are fitting better.  (By the way, according to the Whole30 website you are not supposed to step on the scale all month long.  This is  about being healthy, not weight loss. It's about changing the way you eat permanently, not dropping a few pounds then gaining it back- but I can tell you, as much as I want this to be a permanent change in the way I eat, I've always stepped on the scale every single day... so that wasn't going to change in these 30 days. Sorry, Whole30.)


AND I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER!  (sorry for screaming that) But for real, I usually have a major afternoon slump, as in I literallymustsleepNOW.  And sometimes I do nap and other times I fight through it with coffee and a two and a half year old and a cranky six month old.  But now, I'm really, truly feeling so much better!  At night, I'm sleeping like a drugged person, I literally am sleeping so deeply that when I wake up... I'm up.  It's so odd, I just get up.  Maybe some of you reading this do that already, if so congrats. I, however, usually 'wake up' dog tired and can barely open my eyes, let alone get out of bed. It's quite refreshing to get a good nights sleep. And the same goes for bedtime, I have a pretty steady energy level all day long, then sometime in the evening, it's as if my body says, 'time for bed'- and I'm suddenly I'm so sleepy I have to got to bed NOW.  No insomnia here.

I still get the munchies and I either eat nuts or drink LaCroix... I pretty much have two a day, one for the afternoon 'snack' and one in a wine glass at night. Har. Not quite the same, but I have to do something! 

To sum up, I am so happy I've started this challenge and I am more than ever determined to finish it without cheating.  That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment