Sunday, December 18, 2011

Whole 30 ...and DONE!

I'm feeling pretty darn proud of myself right now, thankyouverymuch.

I just completed 30 days of eating only real food: tons of vegetables, one fruit a day, meat, nuts, eggs and healthy fats (coconut oil).

I cut out completely:
Added sugar of any kind, real or artificial. No maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, Splenda, Equal, Nutrasweet, xylitol, stevia, etc. 
Processed foods.
Alcohol.
Grains. This includes (but is not limited to) wheat, rye, barley, millet, oats, corn, rice, sprouted grains and all of those gluten-free pseudo-grains like quinoa.
Legumes. This includes beans of all kinds (black, kidney, lima, etc.), peas, lentils, and peanuts.
White potatoes.
Dairy. This includes cow, goat or sheep’s milk products such as cream, cheese (hard or soft), kefir, yogurt (even Greek), and sour cream.

All of that GONE.

It was both easier and harder than I thought it would be.  Most of the time it was pretty easy, but I did have some challenging times in the past 30 days. For example~ Thanksgiving, Christmas parties and cookie decorating parties. Well, and stress, I wanted some wine, bad. But I made it without cheating and hopefully in addition to losing six pounds, I've permanently changed some eating habits. 

So, yea, I only lost six pounds... I was hoping for more, but super happy with six.  I am still nursing too, so maybe my body is hanging on to fat for that?  Who knows, who cares.

What I do care about was savoring the cream in my coffee this morning that I haven't had in 30 days. Mmmmmm. 

I will most definately continue on with a Paleo or Primal eating plan (like I was doing before anyway).  I love this way of eating and these 30 days just confirmed for me that this is the lifestyle I want to live.

I'm am kind of disapointed that I don't feel very different... I was expecting to feel like a champ after this, but after the first two weeks of amazing sleep, that went away and I feel like I always did before. Oh well, the way I feel now is infinately better than when I was eating the Standard American Diet (low fat, high carb, some protein, lots of processed foods like cereal, wheat thins, etc. and not enough healthy fats).

So there, done in time for some Christmas cookies!  Yup, I will be going there...

No comments:

Post a Comment