A tsunami of awesome, if you will (a couple people will get that). Never has one little person been able to make me so mad and so head over heels madly in love all in the same minute. Can I get an 'amen' from you mom's reading this??
Thankfully the head over heels part reigns most days :)
Thankfully the head over heels part reigns most days :)
So I thought it was time for an update on my favorite oldest son.
Here goes, this is Jack at 2 1/2-
You loooove to help me in the kitchen. We do this often...
thus the emergence of hundreds of new gray hairs on my head.

thus the emergence of hundreds of new gray hairs on my head.
You've got your ABC's down pat; as long as you're singing them
(I'm the same way, buddy).
You have recently discovered the question, 'why?'. However, you think the appropriate word is 'because'. Several times a day I hear
'because, Mom, because?'.
{Precious doesn't even cover it.}
On a related note, you have dropped Mommy and Daddy from your vocabulary in favor of Mom and Dad. What the wha... where is this coming from?
You potty trained at exactly 2 1/2,
which is ironically the same time you learned that the actual toilet is not necessary.
You love to do art projects with me and you even learned how to use scissors...
gah, more gray hairs!
Rooooaaarrrrrr.
Finished product below!
You learned to pedal your bike...
and then joined a neighborhood gang
(don't be fooled by how cute they are).
(don't be fooled by how cute they are).
You have demonstrated your own way of sleeping.
You love both your brother and chapstick. Equally.
You are always ready to keep Bentley company. Even in your undies.
You love to take silly pictures.
You spend half your time bugging your brother with lights on his head,
cars on his head...
making him cry...
and the other half loving all over him.
The best is when Bentley is crying and you say,
'Don't cry B, I'm here. It's okay, B. Jack is here, don't cry'. *sigh*
I have about a million other things I could say... but I will stop for now. The most important 'other' thing I want to say is that I love you, Jack, so much more than you will ever even begin to realize and I thank God for you daily. I'm so proud of you; you amaze me on a regular basis with how quickly you learn new things and how much love you have for family and friends. And what's more... I really like you, Jack. Keep on being you... you're pretty awesome.



How cute! I feel the same about my Jack too...he's a terror but sweet all at the same time! Wish you guys still lived in Indy, would be fun to get the kids together!
ReplyDelete