Monday, September 12, 2011

Some Crafty Parents

My dad is an awesome woodworker.  He has built so many many pieces of furniture and they are all beautiful!  But this one is super special.  It was a wedding gift from my parents and is an exact replica of the antique pie safe in their dining room that belonged to my
Great Grandma.

How beautiful is this?


It's so sturdy (uh, heavy).  Made of solid oak.

My mom punched each hole on the tin tiles! Then she got a little creative and put our names on the tiles too... people usually notice after they've been sitting in our living room for an hour or more.


'Hey, your names are in there!'


We don't have a fireplace, so we use this as a mantel of sorts. 

As you can tell by the name, it's really a dining room piece, but we already have a table and chairs and a hutch in our small dining room.  So we use it in the living room.
I LOVE it.

2 comments:

  1. umm..feel like total loser I was at your house for way more than an hr and never noticed your names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! I have a pie safe from my grandma and have been wanting to change the tin tiles. They are the same color as the wood though and not the shiny tin color. I'm going to have to figure out how to change the tins and get some new ones. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete