Monday, October 25, 2010

Some Frugal Love

So, I definitely feel like I've reached some invisible milestone.  Maybe along the lines of making the weekly menu plan (which I absolutely do) or placing comfort over fashion in shoes (I'm not actually there yet, but leaning that way once in a while- GASP!). 

What have I done, you ask?  Use my sewing machine for something practical and money saving rather than just for fun?? 
 Yes, yes I did. 

The big reveal:Here are my newly patched jeans!


I used a small piece of old blue jeans that my sister gave me a huge stack of (Hi Jenny!) and went crazy with my orange thread over it!  As it turns out, I love it!   

There was also a much smaller hole, same place on the opposite leg that I did the same thing with.

So, there it is.  A pair of jeans that I can keep wearing, MINUS the gaping hole on my upper thigh. Yes, this was a good thing people.

 After I was done, I immediately felt my 'mom' status jump up several places.

But I'll take it... I am a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment