Monday, May 17, 2010

Extra Storage/Organization Anyone?

I Hate (with a capital H) piles of papers and 'things' in the kitchen. Buuuuuut, since we don't have an 'office space' (love that movie!!), piles inevitably happen. I finally came up with an organization method I can fit in the laundry room (conveniently located next to the kitchen) to create a place for everything that accumulates in our kitchen, so everything can be in it's place (did you see that coming?). And my favorite part is that it was super cheap too!

So my idea was this- use an old ladder I've had fur ever (and was begging to be used in a useful way)... you may have to cut it down to fit in your room like I did. Or my hubby did, whatever.

Pick a REALLY amazing day... well, hello sunshine!!
Paint the ladder RED...(which happens to be my very favorite color) oh and I had intentions of distressing it a bit, but clearly this ladder has been stressed enough in it's life without my help!

Run to Hobby Lobby for some buckets (they were only $2.50 each), then use Mod-Podge to label the buckets...

Then hang your buckets with a pretty ribbon (also cheap from Hobby Lobby) and WA-LA a 'Bucket/Ladder organizer'(that's what I will name it, yes, that's catchy!)!

Do you love it like I do? It rests against the wall in the laundry room, totally out of the way but easy enough to put things in. I wish the colors were better on the pictures, the turquoise ribbon really looks good next to the red ladder.
Some close ups you say? OK!



I labeled the buckets based on what accumulates at our house, but you could categorize these in any way! I think it would be so fun to do this in a bathroom for things like 'washcloths', 'soap', 'lotion', etc! Where else could you use it?

12 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!! We have a sliver of space near the front door that really isn't big enough for an entry way table. This would work PERFECTLY there. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you! I SO love this! You are so smart and crafty! I think I may have to put one together for my office! (And yes, even though I have an office, I still have stacks and piles of crap!) hahah...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks guys!!! Kaley, that cracks me up... I suppose it would be entirely possible to still have piles even when you have an office! :) Hadn't looked at it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea! I also love ladders so this would be a win-win idea for me! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute idea! Love the red and the buckets are adorable! Very creative! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Seriously, this could open up all kinds of similar options. Thanks for the idea! I'm eyeing up my livingroom ladder... I think it's scared. :)

    And thanks for sharing yours on SNS!
    FJ Donna
    http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE this ! Quite an original idea, very clever indeed!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice project. I would love it if you would link this up in Modern Craftswoman Monday. Very well done. Rory

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh... this is FABULOUS! I love it! It's perfect for an office, craft room, or even a kid's room. LOVE Love LOVe it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also like this girl. Very neat, although I have no idea where I can put it. Hmmm,,, I bet if I look around I will find a spot.

    ReplyDelete