Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Baby B, five months

Happy five month birthday, Bentley Charles!
Here are some fun facts about you, Mr. B:
-You suck on your first two fingers as if they are a delicious treat.  {Well, if we’re being honest here, I will confirm that they are, in fact, pretty tasty.} 

-Kisses on your face and belly Rock. Your. World. Don't mind if I do.


-You charm friends, family and perfect strangers with your giant grin, floppy cheeks and yummy dimple.  Yes, I want to eat your dimple.

-You love your brother.












-And the feeling is mutual.












-You've started sleeping on your belly most of the time. You love love love to have a blanket up by your face when you fall asleep. And since you still scream and pretty much get your way whenever, I oblige and snuggle you in to sleep. {And then I stalk you on the video monitor to make sure you’re still breathing and take the blanket off you before I go to bed.}



-Several times I've noticed through the video monitor that you've pulled the blanket up over your face and then you just lay there like a starfish* flailing around with the blanket on top of your face. After I stop laughing, I come in to rescue you, and you give me a smile that Melts. My. Heart.  True story.

-It's nearly impossible to get a good picture of you. The camera comes out and I get the *blank stare below.

-It's similar to the stare usually reserved for your hands and fingers.  Which by the way, how in the heck did they get there??



Bentley~ Thanks for keeping us on our toes, little buddy.  I'm excited to see what's in store for us as you grow and show more of your unique personality.  I'm calling it now that you won't let your brother run the show, you seem pretty independent.
Last weekend was your baby dedication at church. Pastor John talked about how we are committing to raise you to love God and serve Him and that the church is there to support that cause.  I'm so thankful to have such an amazing church family for you to grow up in.  Below is a picture from Sunday...


*This is an example of the little known combo, blank stare/starfish pose. This pose is usually reserved for when I'm actually trying to get a really good picture.  But I'm onto you, and despite your best efforts to foil my pictures, I still think you're pretty cute.

Love ya lots, B.




No comments:

Post a Comment