Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dining Room Redo!

What you are looking at are pictures of our dining room furniture.  We inherited this a few years ago from my Grandma and Grandpa...  I love the furniture, but as you can tell, it shows it's age for sure. 

 I found a recipt in the drawer saying they purchased it from Sears in 1980... can you tell?
 The table has two leaves and six chairs... so it's a great size for a small crowd. And without the leaves, it's perfect for our dining room on a daily basis.
 If only it wasn't so ugly...
 Should we paint it?
Oh yes we should!  Here is the final result (it only took us three months to finish this!)... ack!  But now that it's done.... woah... I couldn't love it more. 

 All the difference in the world, right?
 We have some Christmas decorations on it right now, but the minute the last thing was done (chairs) I had to take pictures, immediately!!

 We replaced the hardware on the hutch and took out the door dividers... here's another before...

 The table and chairs are just paint, that's all! 
 Here's a few with the placemats I'm making... I only have two done so far... but they add so much color and FUN!
 Love the black chairs... the kitchen has black cabinets so it matches perfectly with those.
 Ahhh, a million times better!  Worth all the work.... first we sanded, then primed two coats, then did three coats of white, then two coats of clear coat. 
What do you think??

1 comment:

  1. Amazeballs! LOVE IT! At first I was thinking, while it looks dated, it doesn't look bad...and I really like the hutch. But then once it was painted - WoW. So modern now. Good work! It's amazing what some layers of fresh paint can do.

    ReplyDelete